The Kansas State University Office of Medicated Education (OME), Manhattan Kansas, is seeking applications for an Application Developer. This position will be responsible for building software applications for both academic and administrative computer systmes in OME. The developer will work closely with the Application Development Manager and the Associate Director of OME in the development process. OME serves the campus as a central information technology unit under the direction of the Chief Information Officer/Vice Provost for Information Techonology Services, and provides services to support the University's mission in the areas of teaching and learning, research, and technology transfer.
- Development of web-based applications using Java Enterprise Edition that utilizes technologies such as EJB/JPA, JSPs, JSF and Struts 2. These web-based applications will run on an applcation server such as JBoss in a Unix-based environ-ment and be backed by an Oracle database.
- Technical support of web-based applications developed by OME
- Through work with the project teams, ensuring that design specifications meet their needs
- Development of good user documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field. Three years of equivalent work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience in Java programming including any part of Java EE
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented theory and design practices
- Strong working knowledge of relational database theory, designing database models, and building optimal queries
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Java EE experience includingL Serlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java Persistence API (JPA), and Java Messaging Services (JMS)
- Experience with JBoss or an equilvalent application service
- Experience with web frameworks such as Struts, Java Server Faces (JSF), or Tapestry
- Familiarity with Oracle database
- Familiarity with the Unix Environment
- Experience with HTML/CSS
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applications must submit:
1. Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the postion
3. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references.